View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #15
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindel Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
OK, so here's what I came up with for now:

a "rescue pack" which enables an SSH server in diags, plus a simple startup script that checks for the existence of a /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS file, and reboots into diags if it is present.

It works on my device (and should work on others), but please report back. And make sure to read the README.txt

PS: Yes, I'm fully aware that this can't solve all of the "brick situations" (it requires the main and user partitions to at least be in a "somewhat" bootable state), and that USB downloader mode/fastboot etc. would be much preferrable, but... well, until somebody figures out how to get there, I guess that this is better than nothing.

PPS: I didn't bother to include the sources; they can be easily obtained using "kindletool extract".

EDIT (2013-01-28): Package updated to support all currently known Paperwhite models, and Kindle Touch as well.
Maybe it is a bug of rescue pack for KPW. I have tried many times. At first time I can enter Diags mode and connect PC via USBnet, but when I enter Diags mode next time, I cann't connect PC via USBnet anymore, althought I ping it normal. If you use rescue pack one time, you should reinstall it to keep it funtional.
szfisher is offline   Reply With Quote