View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #128
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Sirmaru, I am usually an early adopter, and can't say that I have ever had any issues with any of the other devices I preordered: Nokia N700, Nokia Ngage, PSP, Wii, iPad 1, K4S, iPad3, Nexus 7.
New tech does not necessarily have to disappoint and need to be fixed. That's what QC is supposed to be for.
Consider yourself lucky. I remember the huge disaster with MS DOS 2.0. It paralyzed my office for months.

Finally MS DOS 2.1 came out and all the problems were gone.

By the way, look elsewhere on this Forum. Nexus 7 has been a total DISASTER from what I read elsewhere. See this link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=195677&page=3

As I remember the iPad 1 had multicolored screens for months just like the PW postings claim here.

I notice on the Amazon page for Quicken Home and Business 2013 just introduced a month ago show the one star ratings at 25 and the five star ratings at 6 per this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Quicken-Home-B...owViewpoints=1

Thus, I'll be staying with the 2010 version. I've seen this problem in that product for several years now. My version works flawlessly after all its updates.

I remember the problems with my first DVR, a TIVO. I was one of its first purchasers and endured all kinds of flaws. Now, many years later the ATT Uverse Motorola DVR works flawlessly.

I consider myself very lucky to get a good PW and a good KFHD7-32. Lots of folks were not that lucky. We early adopters MUST accept that risk. Otherwise, one must wait awhile to buy these new technology units.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote