View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #44
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
I hope I haven't overlooked an obvious solution this time as well, and this is only a little inconvenient, but ...

About search: The Replace button is really "Replace/Find Next". This is handy at times, but not when you'd like to verify the result of your fancy regex replace a few times, or maybe even for all hits. If there's not a super-secret-squirrel method* to see it without advancing to the next hit, might I suggest that you add another button/function "Replace/Find", and make them both actually do what they say? Indesign does something like this (see attachment), and it works well

Alternatively drop the "Find" functionality of the Replace button, after all it's easy to set up shortcut keys to hit alternatingly.

Edit: after thinking a bit more about this I realise that Sigil's currenct functionality is not uncommon in editing software. To me it's still a bit counterintuitive, and it hinders checking of complex replacing.

* courtesy of DiapDealer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	find_replace.png
Views:	164
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	93220  

Last edited by Man Eating Duck; 10-02-2012 at 09:02 AM.