View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #123
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
Reading isn't fine wine, expensive sports cars or exotic vacations. Reading is available to anyone, at little or no cost, thus, I don't see my position as elitist.
I'm not sure if this really is true.
I do think reading is an acquired taste, like fine wine or good beer (if there is such a thing, I wouldn't know - tastes all the same to me).

To us reading is instinctive - glance at a block of text, know the meaning.
But others need to work through it, line by line. It takes lots of time and work, thus it isn't enjoyable.

(Of course, in the case of the OP, he was also ignorant. That's a different matter. I would think that nowadays everyone at least heard of eBooks.)

--

Out of curiosity - what if the first sign of printed words on paper would have been comics?
I do own books, but they're in a separate room not likely to be encountered unintentionally. A few of my comics are stored in the anteroom, though. (There were shelves available and the comics fit nicely. Why waste good space?)
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote