View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdi View Post
Getting books between apps, or from Calibre into a particular app requires more effort. You have to disconnect the USB end of the charging cable from the wall wart, and then connect it to your PC. Then use Windows Explorer (assuming not a Mac) to find the folders each app is using, and drag and drop them from the Calibre folder.
This is one issue I've never had with Android. In all the Android reader apps I've tried, I'm able to set a "watch" folder which the reader app searches for ebooks. Some apps copy the ebooks to their own folders while some just read the books directly from the "watch" folder. As for file transfers, I use File Expert which works fairly seamlessly with Windows shares. I think Linux NFS might be supported, too. Granted, I still connect via cable if I have a lot of files I need to copy. Wireless just takes too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Apparently the problem is the design, they "forgot" to add an RF window to allow the WiFi, GPS and BT signals through; the all metallic back is nice but impractical. The next one coming out, which you pointed out, will have that fixed, plus it will have an HD (1920x1080) screen.
Lol, so that's why. I just saw the 1st gen Transformer at Office Depot yesterday and it was a thing of beauty. It seemed lighter than the iPad 2, too, although it's hard to actually tell with the security cable plugged in the back. I've been considering getting the Transformer since it was released based solely on the spec sheet but figured it might be best to wait for Ice Cream Sandwich. Now, I'm definitely convinced I'll get the new Transformer when it comes out.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote