View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Don't target individual electronic readers unless you only want to sell your book to a certain segement of potential customers. Instead target the largest range of readers possible. Here are my suggestions:

1) Download, Install and use Calibre, you can get a lot of help here on the use of that software;
2) If you can manage try establishing a web store that will sell your book(s) for you.
3) Translate your book into epub format and sell that format on your web site, it can be ready by all people.
4) Seek to understand your readers, what sort of person reads your book and which reader do they have, do they primarily use Kindles or are they primarily Sony PRS users? If you find that you have a lot of customers with one particular brand of reader then it would make sense to make available a version in that format, but always put foward an epub format, it can be read by all.
5) Visit sites like this in the author's section to talk up your book and post on these forums a synopsis of the book, the same thing that would appear on the back of the dead wood book.
All good advice I think. For number 3 though, I don't think Kindles can read e-pubs, so probably best to offer in e-pub and a Kindle compatible format.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote