View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:20 AM   #49
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrunazo View Post
Which of the clients have better text to speech?

I have been using WordPlayer, which is great and has a nice functional text to speech. But the huge downside is that it's text to speech can only play a full chapter at a time. And you cannot stop nor rewind the speech while it's reading. Each chapter of the book I'm reading takes about 40 minutes to read. What if I need a break during that time? What if I want to start reading from the middle of the chapter? That's really bad.

Is there any ebook reader with speech that offers better control over the speaking. Maybe with a read by page or pause/back/forward controls?
FbreaderJ doesn't (yet) support TTS. I asked on the mailing list a while back and they're supposed to have someone interested in tying it into the existing TTS library.

You might look into joining the list and asking about it as well. I would expect the more interest shown, the quicker they'll be to move on it.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote