View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Zelda...I have actually answered that question to death. The ergonomics of the Kindle are bad for me. As is the contrast ratio. I actually have more difficulty reading on the current state of the art eink displays over LCD type displays.

As for the ergonomics, they (as well as the Sony's, Cybooks, etc) are too thin for me to hold in my hand for even 5-mins., my hands do not work with the button locations and a few other things. Pretty much I end up using it two handed, and if that is the case I am going with a convertible netbook later this year if they get them right and 86 the glossy displays.

I believe we have discussed my issue with the Kindle before...but it's hard to like anything about a device that causes you pain to hold. Yet, also I feel there is a significant degree of hyperbole when praising the readability of eink as it exists today. And as I have written other times, that is for ME and I am not saying they are bad devices, rather they are not a universal solution, not by a fair margin for many of us out here.

There is a part of me that is thinking up a custom holder for these devices that will fix the need to squeeze, but my other devices work so well, I am in no hurry. I do LOVE the eink display outside but still I can use my Clie with it's transreflective display outside just fine...the more sun the better it looks.

So my better half got the Kindle, well, she adopted it almost immediately...hehehehe... She uses it all the time and loves it.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote