View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipicip View Post
Here is what happens when the reset button is pressed:
1) Press reset button (green light never flashes but probably that's a "feature" ) and the device won't reset;
2) Press the power button and then it resets.
That is how it should work. The reset button seems to turn the unit off (the screen is not cleared since it is turned off directly).

Quote:
Basically the reset button behaves like the power button only that it leaves the screen turned on . However if the os has crashed, none of the above will work. I have to press reset, plug the usb cable (at this point the red light shines beautifully), press the power button and then the device reboots.
It should work. Are you sure the crash is not because the battery is empty?

Quote:
As for the mobibook, every such book I copy on the SD (the filesystem got corrupted the last time and I won't dare copying anything on it from now on) I can't see it in the library and when I look on the SD, it's size is cropped to something like 65KB.
Well, if the file system is corrupted you have to fix this. Remember to do umount (Linux) or safely remove hardware (Windows) before disconnecting cable.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote