View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 03:18 PM   #155
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Open the u-image package and check there ...
That is where updates happen.

Hmm...
You may need access to a Linux system (a Kindle should do) to take the image apart into a directory layout.
The backup script that I posted here includes the utility to test the u-image files, so I bet that the same utility will take them apart for you.
But then, maybe I have forgotten what it was that I did back then.
Would that be the uImage in the update.bin/imx60_wario/ (as extracted by KindleTool)?

I didn't extract the contents of uImage but the uImage package/file itself from both customer and factory update.bin were binary identical.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 07-01-2019 at 03:22 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote