View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 03:26 AM   #68
Timboli
Fanatic
Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timboli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I’ve always been able to use Calibre to download metadata including synopsis (ever since 0.6.x, around 10 years ago).
It never occurred to me that downloading the metadata would get a synopsis, and as all my ebooks already had metadata I never bothered to check.

For a good while now, I have also been using my own program to view and correct the metadata to my own preferred specifications, which is then updated in calibre.

Add to that the fact, that my latest acquisitions are only briefly on a PC with a web connected version of calibre, and are mostly dealt with on an older non-web connected PC, so the opportunity to gain a synopsis from another source hasn't been a consideration until recently.

Furthermore, I would need to adapt my program(s), which I have not yet seriously considered or examined.
Timboli is offline   Reply With Quote