View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 05:12 PM   #6
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The first-paragraph style:

p.first {
margin-top:0.5em;
margin-bottom: 0.0em;
text-indent:0.0em;
text-align:justify;
}

The chapter-heading style:

h2 {
margin-top:1em;
font-size: 150%;
text-indent: 0em;
font-style: italic;
text-align:center;
}

I've been told elsewhere that stripping out margin-top is standard for Kobo. (Perhaps significant: I uploaded this e-book through Draft2Digital.)

I'll look at some other Kobo samples to see if they exhibit the same behavior. Note that I'm doing this on my Windows 7 desktop, not on a Kobo reader.

Later: okay, I previewed The Girl on the Train, and it exhibits identical behavior: no margin-top, though the Look Inside sample on Amazon does show it.

Thanks!

Last edited by Notjohn; 02-26-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote