View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #14
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The OP is trying to avoid having to buy them again. You are correct Kindle DRM is different and not compatible with eReader.

Dale
I wasnt suggesting kindle was compatible with ereader, but that the OP might be able to use the kindle app instead. I didnt get that she was having to buy them again to get that format. Agreed that makes no sense and is just rude, if thats the case. I just remember that in fictionwise you can download any or all of the available formats, if you have already purchased... as far as I know. I have only ever had free books from fictionwise, so purchased may be different.

[edit] Edification: The books at Fictionwise which are one format only are secure ereader, secure microsoft reader and secure adobe reader formats, and these would have to be re-purchased in a different format (I still think its rude). But, if you buy a multiformat bookyou can download any or all of the formats, and those are many and varied... to wit
Quote:
MultiFormat: Unencrypted eBooks that are available in a variety of formats for handheld devices and computers

When you purchase a MultiFormat eBook, you can download it in any or all of these 13 formats:

eReader [-er.PDB]
ePub [.EPUB]
Adobe [.PDF]
Microsoft [.LIT]
Palm Doc [.PDB]
Rocket/REB1100 [.RB]
Franklin [.FUB]
Hiebook [.KML]
Sony Reader [.LRF]
Isilo [-is.PDB]
Mobipocket [.PRC]
Kindle [.MOBI]
OEBFF Full VGA [.IMP]
OEBFF Half VGA [.IMP]

Last edited by kyteflyer; 04-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote