View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #43
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I wasn't paying attention to Kobo when the Aura came out. Magenta isn't a favorite color of mine, but I'd have to see it. Got a link to a pic of it? My searches only yield magenta covers.
Here's a pic of the back. (The front is the same black bezel a regular Aura has.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I hadn't heard of the Bookeen Nolim before. That looks like the sort of innovation in design I was talking about. It's still a bezel around a screen design, but the built-in protective sleep cover, appealing color choices, and smaller size might make for a good impulse buy at a Walmart. (Not an impulse buy price, though, even though case is included). If Kobo makes the Clara look like something that appeals to the Walmart shopper (Not prosumers like this group) at a sub $100 price, they could make headway against the other eReaders.

I like the turquoise one—often called sea foam by other designers. That's a bit twee, but red, orange, and light grey are solid color names. Anthracite made me laugh. It's just a fancy way of saying charcoal gray.
Yeah, I think if they could have marketed those in Walmart for $80-100 they would have had something.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote