View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I wonder what the sizes are of the various tables in the database? If one never syncs wouldn't the activity table keep growing?
That's going to be part of it, but I don't think the Activity table is the culprit. It will be either the Event table or the content table. There isn't much you can do about the content table except remove books. It has one row per book, plus one row per ToC entry for epubs and kepubs plus another row for each internal file for kepubs. And other formats will have extra rows as well.

For the Event table, it can be cleaned up. If you don't care about the stats, you can just delete all the rows. Some rows can be removed safely without affecting the stats, but I'd need to check my notes before suggesting which. Reducing the total number of rows should help performance, but I have never checked. There were some problems with specific event types in the past, but I think those have been fixed.

But, as you are mentioning syncs, you might have meant the AnalyticEvents table. I would expect that to get flushed with each sync. Clearing that might help. And there is a function in my Kobo Utilities plugin to add a trigger to prevent anything from being added to this table. But, I don't believe this table is the reason for the performance issues I have been seeing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote