View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #16
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
Like you, I am not convinced that these buyers are -- by and large -- "removed" from the market. But I am pretty certain that the message sent to the tablet manufacturers was clear, the market is there, but not at the price of full blown laptop. The price tag that is same, or cheaper, than the (entry level?) netbook is more like it. I would be surprised if there is any room to push prices up.
Dont think so, I think Xoom set the upper end.. and Asus set the more practical level, just saying a removal of an competitor creates upward pressure in the market. I think there is enough pre-existing downward pressure to counter it though. Time will tell.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote