View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #25
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I played with the internal memory upgrade and have found that I needed to be selective with the SD card I used. I originally tried a Kingston class 10 16GB card but found that my Glo was noticeably slower than the original card.

So I had fun with testing various uSD cards and found the best one I had on hand was a Sandisk class 4 16GB card. Crystal DiskMark said it was much faster (1.81MB/s vs 0.019MB/s)* than the Kingston on small block random writes and 1.5x (3.1MB/s vs 2.03MB/s) faster on small block random reads. With that card, the Kobo is back to what seems to me to be the same speed as the original 2GB card.

* I ran the write test 4 times before I accepted the results. 95x was hard to believe.

Makes sense in a way since the original thread where I ran into the discussion of SD card speeds was installing CyanogenMod 7 on a Nook booting from the external SD card slot.

Regards,
David

This is great information!

I've been meaning to use pages like this:
XDA Forum post

I want to acquire the fastest one I can find. I don't necessarily mind the wait time, but it would be very nice if it didn't exist or was minimized.

I think I wouldn't care at ALL if the Kobo had an open directly to my page from powered off setting.
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote