View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Nobody's "making" anyone buy anything. I have an iPhone 4 that's well over 3 years old. It does exactly what I want, and I've no intention of upgrading it.
There are plenty like you Harry. I am one as well. I have a used phone that replaced a similar used phone when I sent it through the wash one night when I was dead tired. I am going to hold on to it until I can get a cheaper data service.

Still there are a lot of people that are "compelled" in one way or another, to get the latest. You know them I am sure. No one twists their arm literally, but the expressions "Will have to get that," "must have that," "irresistible," etc., does come into play with a lot of those people.

Some steal the phones or the money for the phones. Some use money that would be better spent elsewhere. Some trade kidneys for the phones.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote