View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #320
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbr View Post
Hi,

I´ve noticed two things (tried the pt_BR and de translations):

1. The header of "My Clippings" page is missing translation and the string "added on" when a clipping/highlight is inserted.
2. The Search on wikipedia is not working with the "translated" links; I think that the html sanitizer process is replacing the "&" and "?" of the search string.
Thanks!
Hey, thanks for the report!

concerning the wikipedia thing, you're right. I have manually replaced the source resource by one that does not contain escaped characters, so just adapt your translation to that pattern.
(Update: 20120213 snapshot already contains fixed german version)

for "My Clippings", this is weird, but probably cannot be fixed:
Code:
$ grep -r "My Clippings" java/classes/
Binary file java/classes/com/amazon/ebook/booklet/periodicals/ui/resources/ReadingPaneHeaderResources.class matches
Binary file java/classes/com/amazon/kindle/apps/util/MetadataUtils.class matches
Binary file java/classes/com/amazon/kindle/apps/util/resources/UtilResources.class matches
the occurences in the first and third classes are properly considered for translation; the second contains the literal string, but doesn't allow to modify it.

Update: This also holds for the "Added on" string, it cannot be localized either:
Code:
$ grep -r "Added on" java/classes
Binary file java/classes/com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/plugin/clippings/Clipping.class matches
Maybe these will be fixed in subsequent firmware releases.

Last edited by ixtab; 02-12-2012 at 10:53 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote