View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 03:16 AM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You already got the answer to your question. Calibre has an incredible template system that allows the file name when sent to the device to be in just about any format you desire. Created on the fly from any field. The file name when sent to the device is predicable and customizable.

I've never used it, but it seems to me that you ought to be able to use the GetFileName plugin to grab your original filename on import to calibre then use the column name where the original filename is stored in the send to device template and end up with the same filename on your Kindle as you started with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htm View Post
I don't understand why more people aren't annoyed by losing their notes and highlights when their files get renamed after importing them into Calibre. When changing the sdr folder name and the files in it *does* work, it's not something I see the typical computer user bothering with, or even thinking to do.
I'm going to guess most folks aren't annoyed because they process their books first via calibre, then use calibre to transfer them back to their kindle. Once the books are processed as desired is when the folks start reading / highlighting and adding notes to these books. I imagine once on the device the highlights and notes will all follow the new filename?

Unfortunately for you, you chose to process a library of books that you already had notes and highlights on and then resent those books to your Kindle. Thus the problem that exists for you often is never seen by other Kindle users.

Good luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote