Thread: Got mine!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I picked mine up yesterday at Best Buy, after Apple told me they only had the 64gb ones to sell.

It was mostly funny because about two hours before I read an article in the news that EVERY BEST BUY IN THE COUNTRY SOLD OUT OF ITS IPADS! ZOMG!!!!!1111 Noes!!!

So, just for the hell of it, I called my local Best Buy. They had one 16gb and five 64gb in stock. They were only out of the 32gb.

I love artificial stock shortages to increase demand. I actually almost thought about reselling mine on eBay, until the missus told me no.

So far, in playing with it for about two hours (I spent 5 wrestling with the DRM monster for my collection) I like it.

Not sure where it's going to go in my must have gadget list. But, it's nice...Kind of like a Chrysler is "nice" compared to a Dodge.

iBooks is really really pretty. As eInk starts to get more advanced, I'd expect something like this on the Kindle Mirisol.

But in the mean time, I'm enjoying it. Except, I think I downloaded the Marvel app for iPhone instead of iPad. But it won't let me d/l the iPad specific one. So, I wonder if there is a difference...

I think this is going to enter into the work gadget bag. With my VZW miFi, I think it may end up replacing my 13" MBP that I take with me to work. That way I won't have to bring my nook and my laptop for the quick hour of downtime I get.

I think if nothing else this will truly replace my Sony 700. It's been a good run, but I don't need the sidelit screen anymore with the backlight.

And that also means I'll probably be getting rid of my netbook and a couple other gadgets. So, it's off to the flea market
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote