View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
DVD or Double layer DVD, plus the wife just got me a 16gig SDHC card.

Currently sitting on aprox 5000 titles, some 3 gig. But that is my working list, the stuff that is sorted, converted, checked for duplication, file names fixed and ready to read.. I have a lot more I'm working on. On a second partition I have another 6 gig setup by genre that I'm about ready to burn to a DL dvd.

Then there is one more big pile that is yet to be converted, sorted, filename fixed, etc.
20,000 books and 10 gig in that, but I don't know how much of that is duplication. Authors listed as both David Drake, and Drake, David, Drake,D, etc.

Its a big job trying to sort it all out, and calibre just made a bigger mess. I was trying to add books and it seperated each title, put it in a folder in a folder.

I'm afraid I don't have a whole lot of patience for the job.
No software I've looked at really seemed to suit what I wanted.

The idea is to eventually get it all sorted cataloged, fixed, and burned to DVD, with a separate backup on the 16gig SD card.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote