View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 05:13 PM   #12
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Since you tested other chargers, it's more sounding like a battery problem now. You said you froze the thing? You can destroy an LCD screen doing that. I don't know about an eInk screen though. Those may be more tolerant of freezing, I don't know.
knc1, one of the top experts in the Kindle Developers Corner, over multiple years, recommended freezing for kindles that refused to take a charge. People usually reported back that that did the trick.

It would probably be bad idea to wake the kindle up while frozen, and worse to try to get the screen to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
eInk screens are normally "frozen". Power is needed when making changes but when displaying static content no power is needed. When I pulled the battery from one of my ereader collection, what was on the screen remained there for at least 6 months until the replacement battery arrived and for I got around to installing it.
You know very well that the black and white spheres in e-ink are suspended in a liquid and that the reason the screen doesn't change unless power is applied is because the display is bi-stable. The recommendation to freeze is to literally put it in a freezer (after wrapping it in something dry).
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote