View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 06:30 AM   #3
Alaxander609
Alaxander609 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Sounds like typical low battery behavior to me. After you charged it for 20 minutes, did the battery indicator show a higher charge level than it did before?

Sounds like really dead battery behavior.

Or a charger problem. You said it showed orange while charging. Did it ever turn green? (that indicates charging has completed)

The chances are about zero, if you were in the document folder.

You are committed now. I hope the battery replacement works. If it doesn't, you will probably never know if the final cause of death was the original problem, or a new problem caused by the surgery. I would have tried a different charger and different cable before hitting it with the scalpel myself.

Good luck! I have no experience with battery replacement to offer any help in that department.
Hi, Thanks for replying, I have tried different chargers different cables & charged the kindle after dead for 4 days i.e. 2 days each set of different cables & power source. Connected to laptop, via power bank & wall outlet. It just shows orange led as charging - never changed to GREEN.

Tried freezing it for 2 hrs & charged it for 2 hrs still nothing. Agains same orange led.

I m sure if its a battery - it will get resolved with battery being replaced.

Only thing which is bugging me - I m not entirely confident if I deleted something from root as I was working late that night & was kinda sleepy, when loading manga to kindle..

What are possibility kindle won't boot up due to missing files from root ? If its true I screwed up the battery ...
Alaxander609 is offline   Reply With Quote