View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 04:27 AM   #2
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaxander609 View Post
Hi All,

My PW3 & 7thgen is 4 years old, I haven't used it for a year & had Battery Indication which I charged it for 20-30 mins & used for a day.
Sounds like typical low battery behavior to me. After you charged it for 20 minutes, did the battery indicator show a higher charge level than it did before?

Quote:
1. While side loading it got hung - Tried force boot but orange light blinks 4-5 times & then nothing.
Sounds like really dead battery behavior.
Quote:
It shows as orange while charging , kept it for two days on charge still noting. I suspect battery
Or a charger problem. You said it showed orange while charging. Did it ever turn green? (that indicates charging has completed)
Quote:
2. Also when side loading I deleted few books from document folder - what are the chances I deleted some system file & Kindle Bricked.
The chances are about zero, if you were in the document folder.
Quote:
Now for battery I have teardown the kindle & removed the battery & performed the surgery to retain the battery controller
You are committed now. I hope the battery replacement works. If it doesn't, you will probably never know if the final cause of death was the original problem, or a new problem caused by the surgery. I would have tried a different charger and different cable before hitting it with the scalpel myself.

Good luck! I have no experience with battery replacement to offer any help in that department.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote