View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #8
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeseraph View Post
Hahah, none of the stores have the ebook series I want. J. K. Rowling will not release her Harry Potter series as ebooks because she's worried about piracy.
Quite a stupid reason for not releasing a book in a specific format. Why did she allow the books to be made into movies? It is easier to pirate them and there would be a much bigger audience for the pirated movie than a pirated book!

Hell, if people want to get the HP Series in E-book format then it is readily available for anybody to download if they know where to look, so too late to worry about her books being pirated!

Surely she should release them for the extra revenue they would bring in (because she sure as hell could do with a few extra pennies in her pocket!). By not releasing them, she has forced people to create the pirated copies anyway.

I have books which I have scanned in because I am unable to buy them in the format I want (I don't distribute them and won't). Because the books are unavailable, I have been 'forced' to pirate them. Had they been available then I would have bought them (I asked publisher and was told that they would unlikely ever be distributed in E-book format although something they would look into in the future)!
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote