View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 01:42 AM   #12
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
1.) It doesn't have to be believable, nor was it particularly trying to be.
I don't agree with this. Something set in the "real world" needs to have some believability to it. Or he needed to include something to help us suspend our disbelief. Without that, it just fails.

Maybe pushing it forward a hundred years or more, something where the time frame would be long enough that the societal changes could have happened. As-is it is an alternative history where cloning was discovered and (I assume) perfected 40 years earlier than we were able to do it. (Yes, it could have been a different century but I don't buy that given the descriptions of the 70s and the technology other than cloning.)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote