View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 03:23 AM   #27
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840
I'm sure that the results are mostly explained by many people's reactions to SF. However, I'm a SF (and mystery) fan, yet the study agrees with my experience, as well. I often read genre stories when I just want to be entertained without having to expend the effort to fully comprehend every line. I feel as if genre novels are for entertainment while other books provide something to learn, at least when I'm trying to decide what I'm going to read next. If I'm getting that feeling whenever it's time to start another book, it can't just be attributed to "snobbishness".
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote