View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:31 AM   #1
mtjj
mtjj began at the beginning.

Device: Android, Windows 10
Equivalent of Calibre Companion for Windows

So, I understand that Calibre Companion will never be ported to Windows. My question is to those (few?) of you with Windows tablets, what do you use instead?

Basically I want something that allows me to connect to Calibre Content Server when I'm at home, browse by category / name / author, etc. download locally, disconnect, browse the books I have locally stored when I'm not online and choose what to read.

I haven't found any windows e-reader app / program that can connect to the content server, so I'm limited to the web interface, which is..... limited.... shall we say. And I've tried a few different reader apps / programs but most seem to be basic readers only without maintaining a local library that I can browse.

If I really have to, I will use calibre itself on my windows tablet and use one of the (not recommended) sync solutions people have hacked together, but I prefer not to do this because the UI is really not optimized for tablet usage (and I don't ask it to be). I'd also prefer not to have my entire library on the tablet, I just want a few chosen books each time I travel.

Basically I'm looking for something that does exactly what CC does on Android - does anything like this exist for windows?
mtjj is offline   Reply With Quote