View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:08 AM   #27
DD1509
Enthusiast
DD1509 doesn't litterDD1509 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think I have the MightBright on my Kindle 2, though it comes with a case and is branded to go with the case. Anyway, the spotlighting bothers me. I would think that people bothered by reading on a computer and insisting on eink would be bothered by spotlighting. I'm not bothered by reading on a computer, but the spotlighting does bother me.

I foresee some huge improvements enroute for readers, and fixing this problem is one of them. I think that the whole e-ink thing is almost a hoax, myself, when people claim it prevents eye strain. I can read for hours on my Nokia N800 or N810, no problem.

But a time will come soon when there will be a really superb reader, in color, but very eye-friendly. (one thing about color that I found on my Nokias is that light blue seems a lot gentler on my eyes than most other colors, and better than grey or black and white).
Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. I really like the "ink-on-paper" display and I think it is half of the benefit of reading on a good eReader. Will it last long term? I am not sure. But in the interim, I hope these displays continue to proliferate. I like the look and I think it is way better than reading via a back-lit computer-style screen. Long live the book in electronic formats!

DD
DD1509 is offline   Reply With Quote