View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Let's say you purchase another computer. You install Mobipocket Reader on it. You have eBooks in Mobipocket format that were purchased from PaperbackDigital (now out of business so you cannot redownload with a new PID). They have DRM. How can you setup Mobipocket Reader on the new computer so it has the same PID as the previous computer? Without the same PID, you cannot read any of them on that computer.

The average person won't know about breaking DRM. They'll just know that their previously purchased content no longer works. That is a major strike against eBooks for sure.
Yes - I know - that's my only worry with e-reading on the Cybook .

When my current reader goes west in 10 years time ( ! ) I'll have a library that I can't access ' cause I doubt Fictionwise etc will keep my downloads for that length of time in case I need to re-adjust for a change of PID .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote