View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #252
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
My final review

My review, after a few hours of usage ...

You can also find it on Amazon, online. Feel free to vote for it there if you find it useful:

Ok, I will be brief ... most of you guys know what a Kindle is, what is not, or still hold previous editions...

In terms of contrast and legibility, the Kindle PW delivers on its promise. I used it yesterday and read for over an hour. The fonts are crisp and nice, and I can notice how clear they look compared to my Kindle Touch 3G.

It feels more solid and elegant than previous model. And while more personal than anything else, I think black is a more suitable color for the Kindle. It looks really elegant.

The edges are kind of narrow though. I am a man with thin thumbs and fingers, so I kind of find the edges too narrow for my taste. It's not that it's horrible or difficulties the reading experience, but being latin and not a big person, I can't imagine an average american man with big hands holding it. On this regard, I believe Nook Glow has a better design. However, and I can be wrong, ereaders users are more women than men, so this can or cannot be a big deal, depending of your gender and hands size.

The screen response well. Of course is not an LCD display or tablet, but it's fast enough for current eink technology. It feels faster than my Kindle Touch 3G but I have not measured that in a scientific way.

I miss the "home" button on the bottom. Now you have to use the on screen top menu. Not too bad. I guess is a matter of usage. Not sure if was removed in order to reduce cost or to make the "touch" screen experience more immerse and complete.

Now... the famous on screen light! :-) ... you know what? it looks ok! ... it looks even on 90% of the screen. Compared to add-on light cases, this is fantastic. Already integrated on the device and even on most of the screen. In my opinion, way more better than Nook Glow. However, mine has few light spots on the bottom; if I look carefully, I can see the light source on 3 to 4 points. It is not very noticeable on mine, but it's there and not what was shown on ads or during press conference.

Bottom line: I like mine. I will keep it. I think that having integrated light without affecting battery life too much and looking even on 90% or more of the screen is a great improvement. However, I am planning to exchange mine and see if new batches do not come with those small spots of light. But to me, not a big deal. I would suggest to wait before buying one or check in Best Buy or whatever store in a few weeks, some people may find that disturbing. But again, not a big deal to me.

I believe this is the best eink reader on the market right now, better than Nook Glow and even Sony, thanks to the 3G, integrated light and overall features, like whispersync and screen contrast.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3GD1AY...ELPFULVOTE_prd
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote