View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #248
zwarbles
Connoisseur
zwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura about

Device: iPad, Nook, NC, NST, Kobo, Nook Glo, K4, KPW Touch
I spent the night reading and then some more reading this morning.

I do see the splotches on the screen. My eyes almost see it as a pinkish color in the upper center of the screen. Then of course there are the blotches on the bottom.

The contrast is very good. I find I need to keep the light up almost all the way to have a white screen.

The touch screen is very responsive and I like it! I never liked a touch screen and always wanted page turn buttons.

I like the case a lot. I have the special offers, so when I open the case, I do need to swipe it to open to my book (just like iPad & Nook). I've read if you have no special offers, it opens directly to the book instead with no need to swipe.

It feels a bit heavy to me. I'm not sure if it's the Kindle itself or the case. I held the nook in it's case and the pw in it's case and the nook is lighter. The cheapo K4 is way lighter than the pw. But I can still turn pages with one hand without any effort, so the weight is not an issue.

I don't care for the home page. It only shows 3 of my books on the upper part of the screen. The other parts show Kindle singes and then the lower part the special offer. I'd prefer to have just my books on the home page. I'm not sure you can even change the home page or not. I've never been one to organize my readers and I won't with this either. I usually only keep a dozen or so books on it at a time.

I haven't tried changing fonts yet or syncing. I heard syncing is a problem right now. I'm sure that will be rectified quickly.

I am not one that is overly critical or expecting too much. I was expecting a whiter page based on the reviews and pictures I've seen of the pw. Mine is nowhere as white as any of the pictures I've seen since they announced it. While slightly whiter than my Nook Glo, it doesn't blow it away by being so much whiter. I was also expecting more even light on the screen based on what I've read and seen before getting mine in my hand.

I'm still debating if I should call Amazon for an exchange. I could deal with it this way, but I keep reading of others that have a more even lighted screen only have some blotches on the bottom and that's it. Makes me want one with no blotches except for the bottom.
zwarbles is offline   Reply With Quote