Thread: The cycle
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 08:51 AM   #19
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I can't name any off the top of my head, but I suspect Nuttall is one of quite a few Indie authors who treat writing as their business and are extremely professional. He uses cover artists, editors and who knows what else. A book a month is certainly a realistic goal for an Indie author. It wouldn't suit everyone, but it is a very good business model for people with the ability and temperament to pursue it. He obviously has worked out a good system for writing novels. Most of his works seem to be of a similar length, and he mainly writes well plotted series. Each novel in a series is usually complete in itself, though he does occasionally tell a story over two books, with the first ending on a cliff-hanger. This is unplanned and he generally strives to get the next book out very quickly. Each story, complete in itself, nevertheless forms part of a much grander series. Often a later book will throw light on events that took place in earlier books. Sometimes glimpses of the future give tantalising glimpses of what may happen in future books.

Whilst his output certainly stands comparison with old time pulp writers, the quality does not. His books, even his fantasy, explore very interesting ideas and themes, sometimes quite topical ones. I started reading his Science Fiction series which I enjoyed. Then I moved on to read one of his fantasy works, not without some trepidation. Somewhat to my surprise I found that I really enjoyed these works as well.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote