View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 AM   #22
TCSimpson
Fantasy Author
TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TCSimpson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus Tablet
Nail on the head for lack of awareness. I would say maybe 70% feel they can self-edit OR feel "I can put it out and edit later." Which goes back to awareness. It's only when those scathing reviews come in that they begin to understand or cry woe is me. And you know what they say of first impressions. Not enough do their due diligence in seeking beta readers, critique groups etc and take the word of friends and family who are generally as misguided as they are.

It has changed quite a bit from when I first dipped my toes in back in early 2011, where slowly it's beginning to sink in and you now see better covers and well-edited books. But that's still a minority, which in turn lends to the image of general shoddiness.

In turn, the good ones need to persevere even more for that one glimmer that can give them exposure.
TCSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote