View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Sure Digital Editions supports PDF files, but my issue with it is that it would not transfer DRM books to my Pocket PC so I could read them there. When I installed DE to my computer (well I didn't install it to my computer - it installed itself to my computer, but that's a different issue), DE automatically assigned itself as my default PDF reader. It took me quite a bit of time to get my computer back to normal again - even after uninstalling the software - and then I was locked out of the DRM books altogether! (this was an early version of DE).

I don't want to waste my time again installing this software and then find out that it still will not let me transfer DRM books to my Pocket PC. The library that I use to check out PDF books has pretty good documentation about the software to use to read these books and even includes PDAs. Up to now, the library has advised its patrons to avoid DE. I'll monitor the library's documentation about this and, when they say DE will work with my Pocket PC, then maybe I'll give it another try.

Last edited by ProfJulie; 05-14-2008 at 12:25 PM.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote