View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
  • The TOC and the 'spine' (the order the xhtml files appear) aren't required to be in the same order. I can't think of a good reason why anyone would, but they could.
I hit a couple of epubs like this last week. They were scanned versions of old paperbacks. As well as the front cover, they included images of the back cover and the pages up to the title page. When I read the epub, these were all at the end, but in Sigil they listed in the logical order. It took me a while before I realised how this had been done with the "spine" and "guide".
Quote:
It's difficult, but not necessarily impossible--now I'm intrigued by the idea just for the symmetry of it.
Wasn't that how this plugin came about? Someone asked "Would it be possible to ...?" I would warn you not to fall into that trap, but I think it's to late.

Hmmm..

Split the epub on "H1" (or a selectable header level) and take all files between the H1s, use the contents.opf for each new file but strip out references for files not in the current one and do the same for the TOC. Maybe keep the coverpage all of them? Run the results through the Calibre conversion process to do some clean up... Damn, now you have me doing it
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote