View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 05:46 PM   #39
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@frostschutz: Ah, right, the device identification currently relies on Nickel's version tag file (/mnt/onboard/.kobo/version), which is obviously unavailable if onboard is not mounted.
Sounds familiar, I have this problem in some mods. There's a tmpfs /tmp you can use to store stuff (until next reboot), so if H2O was detected once, you could create a marker in /tmp that fbink will re-use in subsequent. That way the onboard has to be mounted only first time fbink is called (and other case can't be helped then, can't have everything *shrugs*)

another thing I do is steal nickel's own environment /proc/$(pidof nickel)/environ and sometimes you're forced to do that (some versions of pickel segfault without those env vars set)

while on topic of subsequent calls, it would be cool if fbink could remember the last line it printed and print the next line on the next call. well, I was wondering how to keep track of this myself, so I don't just overwrite the previous message on every call. so maybe there's already another way

sometimes its intentional to overwrite text (like updating the clock every minute) sometimes you just want to print more stuff like a text terminal of sorts

Last edited by frostschutz; 10-27-2018 at 05:53 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote