View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:31 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I think the first hamster, er, I mean poster, is talking about doing it the other way around.

For example, if you have 10 short stories by Edgar Allen Poe cluttering up your reader's index, it would be nice to be able to merge them into one book called "10 Stories by Poe". This is a big deal to me, as a confirmed Project Gutenberg addict, because every single short story is its own ebook, which is downright annoying at times and leads to massive index clutter.
I believe you could use Sigil to combine 3 (or more) documents and generate a TOC with a little effort

The Dune books in the example are full novel length stories written when a Mass market Paperback was about 5/8 inch thick. Today's books are over an inch thick, so Publishers choose to combine older books to get the size (and price) up to standards. Ace Doubles, anyone
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote