View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #16
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Like the OP, I'm guilty of buying many book on writing, not all of which I have got round to reading. That said, the best book on writing I have read is Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass.

This is what I said when I wrote a review in 2012:

Quote:
Simply the best book I have ever read on writing. It's not a typical writing craft "how to", it's more about ideas. How you can beef up your existing or work-in-progress novel to make it more powerful, more engaging, more significant, how to "break out". It took me much longer to read than might be expected, and this was simply because almost every page sparked an idea, and I would have to stop to make a note of it before continuing.

Cannot recommend it highly enough to the aspiring, or even to the successful, writer.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote