View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 07:03 AM   #207
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Since this update the annotations / notes are "broken" on my Kobo H2O original and epubs. Sometimes fine for a while. Eventually ALL the Chapter headings of ALL highlights or annotations are changed to be the Chapter last annotated. Same viewing on Kobo or Calibre Kobo Utilities import.
Doing a reset via hole (not power off) fixes it for a while for NEW annotations and then all those Chapter numbers/names are overwritten with last chapter.
I might have 40 to 600+ annotations per book I'm proofing.
That is a long standing and well document bug. It occurs for epubs on the main memory. For epubs, the bookmarks are stored in the database and in files. When the book is reopened, the annotations are merged with the ones in the database and the location description is reset. It has been reported to Kobo, but, as you see it as important, you should report it as well.

There is a simple workaround. In the "Digital Editions" directory on the device, there is a directory called "Annotations". Delete this and create a file called "Annotations". Or, if you have a device with an external SD card, put the books on that.
Quote:
A second unrelated issue is that some but not all images appear like tiny thumbnails rather than the size they used to be. Only the text has changed. Some books have had over 20 revisions converted and transferred to Kobo. It's not happening with the other non-Kobo eReaders, except they used to be less good for annotation (The Kindle PW3 is now easier, faster to use for annotations than the Kobo, but there is a bug on the Annotations import).
I haven't seen any change in how images are handled. But, I don't have many books with images in them. Can you post a sample for us to look at?
Quote:
A third issue is highlight selection. It's SLOW to extend as you drag right. If you let go and use the (O) handle that often doesn't budge.
This is something that has change recently, and has been discussed. To adjust the selection, you need to tap the handle and try to drag it. Then release and do it again. The second time, it generally works.
Quote:
If you try to select to near start of the next line and slightly "wobble up" to previous line the highlighting is cancelled. If there is an image on the page it's very very much slower or may appear to hang if a larger image. Really the earlier SW version that had only ONE bug in highlighting was FAR better. It had the bug where if *exact* "End of Line" was selected the highlight & note would vanish after message claiming success.
I can't say that I've ever seen a bug like that. Except for a paragraph that goes over the page. Selecting the last word trigger some interesting problems.
Quote:
Do Kobo test at all with ePubs or only kepubs?

Also it seems very hit or miss if a book allows changing line spacing.
I don't think that changed in any way. The line spacing will be adjustable if the book uses relative units. If there line spacing in the book is absolute units, it has never been adjustable. Again, we'd need to see an example book to see why.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote