View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinLee View Post
Hi

Will virtual libraries showing only a few columns make Calibre run faster?

Just over 5000 books
61 columns
45 plugins
60 icon rules

My computer has a SSHD with 16MG RAM but even just copying a book from anther library takes a lot longer than it used to.

I really don't want to split up the library physically, but if I were to use virtual libraries only showing specific columns would it run faster?
AFAIK VL's are just logical views that just make interaction faster.
AND there is no difference in the columns.There is ONLY ONE DB (Use the VIEW MANAGER plugin to adjust yhe colums to show )

Have you run Library Maintenance (at least, the first phase)? That compacts the DB (tosses the now dead records). ( make note of the metadata DB size before cleaning)

Lots of RAM is best as the DB is in RAM (and you have that) . , exclude the Library folder from active A/V (all books have been checked when first downloaded. Assumes the download folder has not been foolishly excluded)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote