View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 02:35 AM   #27
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Is there a way to strip PANOSE data using the GUI version for either Mac or Windows? I'd rather not muck about with trying to install the CLI version for either OS if I can avoid it, and I don't mind doing the grunt work within fontforge. I can find it easy enough, but aside from changing the information there, which doesn't seem to be stripping it, I can't see a way to remove it.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it makes a huge difference for Literata since that font appears fine on my H2O.

eta- I've installed Fontforge on my Windows 10 box, not a CLI version but the readme did not specify that it needed to be CLI for Windows. Tried running the batch file, and I keep getting the same error

c:\Program Files (x86)\fontforgebuilds\bin\ffpython.exe: can't open file 'c:\users\mercury': [error 2] No such file or directory
Yeah, for windows and linux at least, the standard fontforge install is fine. As far as stripping PANOSE info in the ff gui, it's a matter of setting the values to 0 (or any) and generate a new font from it.

Are you dragging font files onto the batch file? I must admit the file has not had extensive testing.

To be honest, I'm just about ready to finish retiring this version of the script. I've written a simple wxPython GUI wrapper, and a slightly modified script that I plan on releasing soon under a more generic name.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote