View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:56 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
I do not suggest calibre because its like the iTunes of ebooks. Its bloated and very slow for me.
Odd. I don't find calibre slow never mind really slow. As for bloated? There are a lot of functionality I don't use but others seem to love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
They usually have multiple formats if you bought the books. I would just use the better formats. If you want to read a comic book, just put all the pictures in a zip file and it will be a neat comic book. Ideally you would jailbreak and use a different program to read your books (koreader) but if you can't you are stuck with calibre to convert.
It would be nice if I could read CBR/CBZ/CB7 mangas on my Tolino epos. Unfortunately, a non-supported format so conversion is necessary. I take it your eInk Kindle supports those formats?

It would also be nice if multiple formats were available. Unfortunately, other than Baen who support multiple formats and a few places that have mobi and epub formats available, conversion is about the only game in town if you want the ebook in a different format.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-11-2018 at 06:00 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote