View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 10:15 PM   #5
hamsandwich
hamsandwich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
I recently sent the following message to ereader-store.de:

"I am using my M96 mostly for taking handwritten meeting notes. I recently tested over 40 scribble apps (all those with a rating of 3 or higher on the Play Store). The best one I have found is Lecture Notes, which is fully featured. However, all of those apps have a problem with slow pen response - Lecture Notes is one of the fast ones, but still 0,5 - 1 sec of delay between writing and the ink appearing on the screen. I tested this on the M96 and the M96 Plus also - no difference.
The ONLY app which responds immediately is Onyx Scribbler - very, very nice. However, it is lacking terribly in functionality. I don't want to write a full list of "nice-to-have" features, only what I miss the most:
- List view of notes (sortable by title asc/desc) (allows to quickly find recent notes without any taps on screen)
- Search notes by title (allows to quickly find earlier notes by keyword)
- Rename note: partial overwrite of default title (e.g. keep date, overwrite time with other text - allows quickly naming notes starting with date and then adding keywords)

With the addition of these functions, Onyx Scribbler would be a simple, but usable application. I would very much appreciate it if this could be implemented in the future!

I have a lot of experience with scribble apps, and would be happy to consult about further functionality also."

If anyone is using the Onyx Scribble app, how do you cope with the lack of those features?

If anyone has found another app with fast pen response, please share!
I just got my N96 but am satisfied with Evernote so far. It has a slight delay which means you can't really care much about what you write but other than that I seem to think it fits your criteria.
hamsandwich is offline   Reply With Quote