View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Are there any books on writing that you particularly loved and learned much from? (Those may be different answers. I greatly enjoyed reading Stephen King's On Writing, and found it immensely entertaining, but it was inspiring more than it was educating.)
I haven't read many. I liked Stephen King's On Writing. One I remember from way back when was Sweet Agony – A Writing Manual of Sorts, by Gene Olsen. I don't think it's available as an eBook. It looks like they put out Sweet Agony II about ten years later, but I haven't read that one (also doesn't appear to be available as an eBook). When I was "self-publishing" (so to speak) a small press magazine, I had a trio of Element books that were pretty good – Elements of Style, Elements of Grammar and Elements of Editing. It looks like there are two Elements of Grammar now. Not sure which one I had. At the time they were all in matching covers (kind of promoted as a set). It doesn't look like they do that now.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote