Thread: PRS 600 JUNK
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
The Waterstones staff sound confused with the old 505 which came with a CD (not pre-loaded) of 100 out of copyright eBooks.

The good news is, all those, and many thousand more, are available right here on mobileread. Plus, if you are happy registering and commenting on mobileread, the actual process of getting those books onto your shiny new PR 600 is a breeze. And there are 100s of people right here who would love to help you do it.

As to the light, you are right, you do need a reasonable light source. However, you might not have yet realised that the PRS 600 has five different font sizes - the biggest can be seen by the light of the dimmest of modern bulbs!

Finally, I like my charger (although I use an old PSP one, and £20 is daylight robbery). However, I prefer to use it rather than USB charging, which has drained my battery if the computer has gone to sleep.

I hope you give it another chance - you will find the people here extremely helpful if you do.

Regards
amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote