Thread: PRS 600 JUNK
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
farmersteve
farmersteve began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
PRS 600 JUNK

My wife bought me a PRS 600 for Christmas and the promised 100 preloaded books she was assured were pre loaded by the kind Waterstone staff who obviously can spot a techno phobe at 100 paces. They also kindly sold her a charger which is entirely unneccessary for a further £20.
Well with great excitement I opened my gift and lo and behold the promised books amounted to just 11, 4 of which were in german, 3 in french and 3 of the rest were only part books and the fourth a cook book!
I have since tried downloading as instructed and have had absloutely no joy although spending at least 2 whole days trying. I have then spent a further whole hour on the phone to the tec support and nobody could be bothered to answer.
So this morning I took it back to Waterstones in Bury St Edmunds and was refused a credit or an exchange for it. The manager is obviously totally unaware of the sale of goods act as was the central office person she rung and put me on to. They did acknowlkedge that there was a prolbem but said it was nothing to do with them.They said I should post it back to sony, yes right registered parcel post say, £20 at my expense to sort out their problem rarely have I experienced such poor quality service and I fnd it difficult to believe in this day and age.
I must say I found the barclaycard complaints service a far nicer group of people to deal with and have promised a refund the trouble is now do Waterstones want this book back? will they come and pick it up?
In the past I have felt a pang of guilt when I have bought on- line as I think it must be damaging the local retailers, well with this sort of service I wont have this problem again. Amazon have never quibbled anything always picked up returned goods they will get more of my custom
! other point about this reader without a backlight it is often difficult to use probably not helped by todays low energy bulbs
farmersteve is offline   Reply With Quote