View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 04:59 PM   #112
omeatoadcom
omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!omeatoadcom , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1
PRS-T1 1.0.07 Partitions

So I've been having the same problem with my reader. The dictionary has been only showing up after 1-2 minutes or not at all, and copying files to my reader via usb took forever and sometimes failed completely.
I've been following the great guide here.

Since my reader was on the most current version 1.0.07, I didn't find any partitions to restore on the Internet. Fortunately I knew someone who still had a working reader, so I've been able to copy the partitions from there. In case there is someone else looking for the partitions I've uploaded them.
v. 1.0.07-eu: https://mega.nz/#F!NNUFCKAI!kV3Kr2Zvsa87_tFiDxOORw
v. 1.0.05-eu: https://mega.nz/#F!VZUlXYLS!LRPiGWlj5JMYhs-GBYzDRg
I've been using a mac with the dd command so the partition name is a bit different. But the partition numbers should be the same as on linux too. Here is a description of the partition's numbers.

The next problem I had in step 5, when taking a backup of the broken reader was the same Br*ste1 had. So for copying the whole image from the broken reader I used his dd command:

sudo dd bs=512 if=/dev/sdb of=/mybackup/PRST1.img conv=noerror,notrunc,sync

I got about 20 errors, but I just ignored them as I'm probably going to overwrite those partitions later anyway.

Restoring in step 13 in the other direction to the reader worked without any errors:

sudo dd bs=512 if=/mybackup/PRST1.img of=/dev/sdb

Then I restored the partitions from the other reader which you can find above and the reader started.

After that I had the problem that the reader wouldn't remember the books I've read and wouldn't load any thumbnails. So the last step was doing a factory reset.

Now it's working perfectly fine on the newest version again!

Last edited by omeatoadcom; 07-04-2017 at 06:29 PM.
omeatoadcom is offline   Reply With Quote