View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #75
RhialtoFalu
RhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewandeep View Post
@porkupan
To fully use sony prs-t1 as reader I suggest to add to the minimal set of application, if it is possible:
1) a good file explorer, I suggest ES File Explorer (so I can find books using folder and not collections).
Yes! I was rather disappointed that the T1 completely flattens my well-constructed file hierarchy. It just dumps all books in one big pile! You can't find them properly that way.
Another thing would be a HTML reader, but I presume that comes more or less included with the Android stuff. Strange, that as-shipped the T1 doesn't recognise books in HTML, even though epubs are HTML too.
My previous reader (an Ambiance Digibook MDB-106) had some buggy software and bad quality control of the hardware, but it did those two things by default.

I have a question about the installation procedure. I don't use MSWindows, but the flash_reader.bat file runs a windows exe file "ebook_msc.exe name PRS-T1 um recovery". What does that do? Is there an equivalent for Unix (say, NetBSD or Ubuntu)?

For the rest, it just copies some files over so that doesn't seem to be a problem.

I don't know anything about Android (yet), so when I do this I'll have lots of stuff to play with and detract me from reading :-)
RhialtoFalu is offline   Reply With Quote